- 400 g minced pork meat // fläskfärs (mixed or beef meat is also ok)
- 2 shallots //shalottenlökar (we used red union which worked well)
- 1 chili (any color)
- 1 tbsp spoon fish sauce // msk fisksås
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp sesame oil // tesked sesamolja
- 2 cloves of garlic // vitlöksklyftor
- 1 lemon // citron
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander// msk färsk koriander
- 2 package of wonton // pkt wontondeg
- 4 tbsp sirup // sirap
- 4 tbsp soya // soja
- 2 tsp vinegar // ättika
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds // sesamfröm
- Oil (If you want to have fried dumplings)
How to do it
Put the water to boil if you want to boil the dumplings or prepare a pan of oil if you want to fry them.
Shop the shallots, garlic, coriander and chili fine. Shred the peel of the lemon. Mix the minced meat together with the shallots, garlic, chili, fish sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil and lemon peel. Mix in well.
Now it's time to fill the dumplings. Take the wontons, one by one, wet the edges of the wonton with cold water using one finger (this will make them close easier). Fill them with about a tablespoon of the minced meat mix. You can fold the wonton and make a half moon shape or put the mix in the middle of the wonton and fold each corner up towards the middle. Pinch the edges together of the wonton where you want it to close.
Now make the dip sauce. Roast the sesame seeds in a pan. Mix sirup, soya, vinegar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and the roasted sesame seeds. The dip is now ready!
Now we will cook the dumplings, either in boiling water or fry them in oil. If boiling them in water, don't cook them all at once. They will after a while pop up to the surface, let them boil for a couple of more minutes and then remove them, one by one as they are ready. Cook the rest of the dumplings when the first batch is ready.
If you choose to fry, fry them until they get golden brown and then remove them. We did fry ours, and below you can see the result!